POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu) : Re: is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 16:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: is over iso vers. of plant (15 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 8 Nov 2000 05:07:12
Message: <3A0925CF.2A5EBA24@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> ough, after parse 0 sec and trace 26:43:23 on P200
> I have a small iso plant
> it will grow and move in animation if I resolve problem
> with redundand calculations
> (see post "complicated functions" in p.u.p)
> btw: this is my first isosurface (belive or not)
> and I think it has possibility to make
> even simple interesting trees

That looks good, I would really like to see the isosurface function used for it.

The rendering time seems quite high for such a relatively simple shape.

I remember having similar rendering times for my 'isosurface landscape' scenes,
but they used complicated pigment functions and radiosity leading to several
billions of Noise/DNoise calls.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>